Sunday, July 5, 2015

Review - An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book have been recommended from the author Lauren DeStefano.

"Fear is only your enemy if you allow it to be".

"Fear can be good, Laia. It can keep you alive. But don't let it control you. Don't let it sow doubts within you. When the fear takes over, use the only thing powerful, more indestructible, to fight it: your spirit. Your heart".

I must say that this book have left me speechless, it's 2:56 am, I can't sleep, I want more. Even thought it didn't catch my attention in the beginning but in twitter there was a lot of people (principally Lauren DeStefano) talking about it and expressing that it was an awesome book, so I decided to give it a chance. And believe me, I was wrong and the people from twitter were right.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir, it's a must read and a must have in this year. Because, well I'm going to give you a list :
1) The cover , it's gorgeous.
2) The title , at the beginning it's kinda weird , but after reading it now I love it and now I considered one of my favorite tittles of books.
3) Laia, she gets the most character progressing and now I consider that she is a fierce heroine.
4) The story, it's mind-blowing, it was so much better than I expected and it was AWESOME.
5) The characters in this book are diverse & interesting.
6) The world that Sabaa made it's speechless and diverse.
7) The ending, I want more okay ? I like it very much.
8) I was not able to put it down I just finish the books in two sitings, the story is intriguing and mysterious, you only think while reading this is "MORE, I WANT MORE".
9) The villain (let's call it They, shall we?) , they place one of the worst villains I ever read in my entire life, but they was was so determined, sadistic and mean that believe me, They bring my attention pretty much.
10) It have not only one map, it have two. One for the whole continent and the other for the school.
11) This entire book. It leave me so speechless that I need to do this review at this hour because if I write it later, I will forget writing it and I need to talk about it.
12) The chapters are interesting because they alternate between the two main characters, Laia and Elias.

If you ask me if reading this book was worth it, I'm going to tell you HELL YEAH YOU MUST. READ IT NOW IT'S ALL WORTH IT.

Now I'm going to suffer because AEITA 2 is going to be out in April 26 of 2016 and that is too much time *goes in a corner to cry *.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment